- No chemical pesticides, herbicides, fungicides, antibiotics or other chemicals are used
- Healthier soil; thus healthier plants and livestock
- No waste, runoff, or foul odor
- Reduced water use (40 to 50% less)
- No groundwater or ocean contamination
- Increases soil health over time
Our Kupa ʻAina Natural Farming Project is almost constantly in need of volunteers to help with many different tasks on the farm.
Check back here for the latest opportunities!
It’s been one year since the fields at Kupa ʻAina were blessed and we set to work rejuvenating the land and exploring paths to sustainable food production in Hawaiʻi.
This month Oʻahu Tūtū and Me staff came together to volunteer at our Kupa ʻAina Demonstration Natural Farming Project in Kailua.
The American Savings Bank (ASB) ” Dream Team” paid a visit to our Kupa ʻAina Natural Farming Project last month as part of their “Seeds of Service” initiative.
Kūʻikeokalani “Kūʻike” Kamakea-Ohelo is a Waimānalo native and is the Project Director of our Kupa ʻAina Demonstration Natural Farming Project. He believes in connecting to the land, the importance of the greater ʻāina, and can always be heard saying: “you are what you eat.”