1 Full Time Position
Tūtū and Me - O‘ahu
- Interact with caregivers and keiki, modeling routines and behaviors that encourage growth and learning. Engage caregiver as keiki first teacher through modeling.Create and prepare activities for program;
- Track and record participant attendance at site and enter in database;
- Participate in the lesson planning process;
- Collect observations of caregivers and keiki.
- Monday through Friday, hours of operation varied by site and determined by the supervisor;Position requires regular and predictable attendance;
- Some events on evenings or weekends at various times.
- Program sites at locations such as community centers, schools or churches, various event sites, meeting and professional development sites;Office setting;
- Travel in program vehicle to and from program sites;
- Travel in personal vehicle to and from program sites may be required;
- Travel to the neighbor islands is required;
- Travel to the U.S. continent may be required.
Mental, Physical, and Communication Demands
- Consistent adherence to the practice of PIDF’s five core values that are used as a guiding force in the success of all of its programs;
- Be keenly aware of and attentive to program participants;
- Must analyze and problem solve issues;
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize;
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills;
- Must be able to cope with stress that may be induced by the life situations of our clients.
- Must participate in strenuous activities which includes loading/unloading of program materials and equipment from the van, washing of vans and mats, set up and break down of program activity centers;
- Requires lifting and carrying up to 40 pounds on a regular basis;
- Must be able to sit and work on floor; kneel and bend.
- Must exhibit courteous and professional demeanor towards program participants, staff and administration via verbal, written, physical, and electronic correspondence;
- Must be able to address participants individually or in groups through speaking, demonstrating of activities, singing, dancing and signing;
- Requires good oral and written communication skills;
- Must be able to properly handle and maintain highly confident information.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
- High school diploma required;Early Childhood Education or related course work and/or a minimum of one (1) year experience working with children preferred;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including but not limited to Word, Excel, Publisher, and PowerPoint;
- Familiarity with using database such as QuickBase preferred;
- Must have access to a vehicle, have a valid driver’s license, a safe and responsible driving record, and current no-fault auto insurance, with at least the minimum State of Hawai‘i coverage requirements
All positions require that the incumbent have no convictions of any crime against a child or other vulnerable person. We conduct periodic criminal background checks as a condition of employment.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this classification. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job. Management has the right to add to, revise, or delete information in this description. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.