Family Educational Services Manager
1 Full Time Position
Nā Pono - O‘ahu
- Provide supervision, training, modeling, and coaching to the Home Visitors and Family Educators to ensure the delivery of responsive services that are in line with the performance standards and the curriculum;
- Ensure HV and FE staff have the information, tools and training to implement all aspects of the curriculum and performance standards;
- Develop and support HV and FE staff through a professional development plan, and meet at least annually to complete a performance appraisal;
- Observe, evaluate and provide feedback through reflective supervision;
- Review all monthly plans and schedules;
- Monitor, maintain, and review organized files, documentation and entries;
- Collect data and other information to analyze needs and evaluate progress of students.
- Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. or as otherwise determined by the supervisor; Position requires regular and predictable attendance;
- Attendance at some events on nights or weekends may be required.
Mental, Physical and Communication Demands
- Consistent adherence to the practice of PIDF’s five core values that are used as a guiding force in the success of all of its programs;
- Be keenly aware of and attentive to program participants;
- Must analyze and problem solve issues;
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize;
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to cope with stress that may be induced by the situations of our clients.
- Requires lifting and carrying up to 40 pounds (including children; mats, tables, toys/book containers, book display, etc.) on a regular basis;
- Must be able to sit and work on floor (at circle and or activity centers);
- Must be able to wash vans, mats, and tarps; set up and break down of tents;
- Must be able to kneel and bend.
- Must exhibit courteous and professional demeanor towards program participants, staff and administration via verbal, written, physical, and electronic correspondence;
- Require good oral and written communications skills;
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education (ECE) or equivalent coursework required;At least two (2) years of experience in supervising and mentoring staff;
- At least two (2) years of experience working with young children and families;
- Experience in conducting and understanding of ECE assessments tools;
- Must have access to a vehicle; have a valid driver’s license, a safe and responsible driving record, and current no-fault auto insurance, with at least $100,000 in bodily collision per person and $25,000 in property damage liability.
All positions require that the incumbent have no convictions of any crime against a child or other vulnerable person. We conduct periodic criminal background checks as a condition of employment.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this classification. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job. Management has the right to add to, revise, or delete information in this description. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.