Family Education Assistant
1 Full Time Position
Nā Pono - O‘ahu
- Assist program participants to reach their potential as learners by performing the following:Provide assistance in Junior Kindergarten PACT sessions and Pope elementary;
- Assist in the supervision in other Na Pono’s Components;
- Help with set-up (including, making sure that all areas are safe and free of any object that could be harmful), break-down and clean-up.
- 35 to 40 per week between the hours of 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, or as otherwise determined by the supervisor;Position requires regular and predictable attendance;
- Some events on nights or weekends at various times depending on the event.
Mental, Physical and Communication Demands
- Consistent adherence to the practice of PIDF’s five core values that are used as a guiding force in the success of all of its programs;
- Must possess strong organizational skills and ability to focus on multiple tasks;
- Be keenly aware of and attentive to program participants’ needs;
- Ability to cope with stress that may be induced by the situations of our clients.
- Must participate in strenuous activities which may include loading/unloading of equipment’s, setting up tents and washing of vans and mats;
- Requires lifting and carrying up to 40 pounds on a regular basis;
- Must be able to sit and work on floor; kneel and bend.
- Must exhibit courteous and professional demeanor towards program participants, staff and administration via verbal, written, physical, and electronic correspondence;
- Requires good oral and written communication skills;
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
- High school diploma, general education development, or competency based certificate required; At least two (2) years of working with children and their families;
- Must have access to a vehicle; have a valid driver’s license, a safe and responsible driving record, and current no-fault auto insurance, with at least minimum State of Hawaii coverage property damage liability.
All positions require that the incumbent have no convictions of any crime against a child or other vulnerable person. We conduct periodic criminal background checks as a condition of employment.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this classification. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job. Management has the right to add to, revise, or delete information in this description. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.