1 Part Time Position (20 Hours Per Week)
- Implement day to day farm operations as directed;
- Research, compare, evaluate, and present clearly outlined options for project implementation;
- Coordinate and supervise volunteers;
- Assist with preparing and submitting interim and final reports as needed;
- Participate in partnership building and grant writing as needed;
- Communicate regularly with HYCF and work with HYCF and its other partner agencies on property;
- Explain the natural farming methodology to volunteers, visitors, and partner agencies.
- 20 hours per week, Monday through Friday, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. or as otherwise determined by the supervisor;
- Position requires regular and predictable attendance;
- Some events on evenings or weekends at various times.
- Primarily field and farm setting, some office setting;
- Traveling in Foundation and/or personal vehicle to and from program sites;
- Travel to neighbor islands may be required.
Mental, Physical, and Communication Demands
- Consistent adherence to the practice of PIDF’s five core values that are used as a guiding force in the success of all of its programs;
- Strong organizational skills and ability to focus on multiple tasks;
- Strong analytical thinking and problem solving.
- Must be able to perform routine farm duties as necessary on a commercial farm;
- Requires lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Exhibit courteous and professional demeanor towards program participants, staff and administration via verbal, written, physical, and electronic correspondence;
- Strong oral and written communication skills required;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent required;
- At least one (1) year of demonstrated experience implementing proven farming methodologies required;
- Experience working a minimum of five (5) acres in commercial farm production preferred;
- Working knowledge of personal computer software applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.;
- Must possess working knowledge of various farm tools and equipment;
- Must have access to a vehicle, have a valid driver’s license, a safe and responsible driving record, and current no-fault auto insurance, with at least $100K in bodily collision per person and $25K in property damage liability.
All positions require that the incumbent have no convictions of any crime against a child or other vulnerable person. We conduct periodic criminal background checks as a condition of employment.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this classification. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job. Management has the right to add to, revise, or delete information in this description. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.