General Office Clerk
1 Full Time Position
Administration - Oahu
VP of Administration/Secretary
- Perform telephone receptionist’s duties for administrative office; Greet and assist visitors to the office;
- Monitor/maintain office supplies for main office and other administrative offices if needed, place monthly order through identified vendors;
- Monitor water cooler deliveries for main office and other admin offices;
- Coordinate or assist with ordering or preparing meals for meetings if requested;
- Assist with setting up conference room for new hire orientation, manager, Board, and other meetings;
- Monitor/maintain office equipment for main office and other admin offices (ensure postage machine contains sufficient funds; have back-up toner/ink on stock; call repair service when necessary and schedule annual maintenance for copiers/fax/postage/water cooler/air conditioning units);
- Ensure office is cleaned by contracted cleaning service twice a week, perform light cleaning if needed between cleaning visits (take out trash if overflowing, etc);
- Ensure trash is emptied and trash cans taken down to curb side on designated trash pick-up days and also trash cans brought back up to garage after pick-up;
- Ensure supplies in main office are kept in neat and orderly manner including garage closets/shelves and storage spaces in office building;
- Maintain and inventory minimum supply on hand and distribute books/t-shirts/brochures/fliers when requested (includes fulfillment of orders/processing payments/tracking book sales, t-shirt sales;
- Assist with scanning documents and emailing to staff as requested;
- Assist with any filing of expenditure vouchers or other documents as needed;
- Assist with other clerical duties as requested (including composing business letters, invoices, etc);
- Assist with special projects as needed including reports for outside organizations, Board of Directors, administration, etc.
- Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. or as otherwise determined by the supervisor;Position requires regular and predictable attendance;
- Some events on evenings or weekends at various times.
- Office setting;
- Travel in program and/or personal vehicle to and from program and vendor sites.
Mental, Physical, and Communication Demands
- Consistent adherence to the practice of PIDF’s five core values that are used as a guiding force in the success of all of its programs;
- Must analyze and problem solve issues;
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize;
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to sit and work at desk and computer for majority of work day;
- Requires lifting and carrying up to 20 pounds occasionally.
- Must exhibit courteous and professional demeanor towards program participants, staff and administration via verbal, written, physical, and electronic correspondence;
- Requires good oral and written communication skills;
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
- High school diploma;Associates degree in Business Administration, or related field preferred;
- Minimum one (1) year administrative office experience;
- 2-3 years receptionist/general office clerical duties preferred;
- Working knowledge of personal computer software applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc;
- Must have access to a vehicle, have a valid driver’s license, a safe and responsible driving record, and current no-fault auto insurance, with at least $100K in bodily collision per person and $25K in property damage liability.
All positions require that the incumbent have no convictions of any crime against a child or other vulnerable person. We conduct periodic criminal background checks as a condition of employment.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this classification. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job. Management has the right to add to, revise, or delete information in this description. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.