Computer Support Specialist
1 Full Time Temporary Position
Administration - Oahu
Information Technology Manager
- Assist employees through telephone, email or helpdesk ticket inquiries to resolve IT issues;
- Escalate issues beyond their capability to the Network-Server Administrator or IT Manager;
- Provide support, incident management, and client communications for IT systems issues and service requests;
- Maintain the operability of computer systems;
- Set up equipment for employee use and install default retail software;
- Install and perform minor repairs to hardware or peripheral equipment;
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and installed default retail software issues;
- Maintain operational, configuration, and other procedures;
- Maintain and test backup systems;
- Perform data restoration at the direction of the Network-Server Administrator or IT Manager.
- Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. or as otherwise determined by the IT Manager;
- Position requires regular and predictable attendance;
- Some events on evenings or weekends at various times.
- Office setting;
- Travel in personal vehicle to and from program sites;
- Travel to the neighbor islands may be required.
Mental, Physical, and Communication Demands
- Consistent adherence to the practice of PIDF’s five core values that are used as a guiding force in the success of all of its programs;
- High-level problem-solving capability;
- Must be able to prioritize;
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Must participate in strenuous activities which may include loading/unloading of computers;
- Requires lifting and carrying up to 15 pounds;
- Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Must exhibit courteous and professional demeanor towards program participants, staff and administration via verbal, written, physical, and electronic correspondence;
- Requires good oral and written communication skills;
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
- Required: Minimum AS degree in Information Technology or related technology field;
- Preferred: Three (3) months of IT related experience;
- Preferred: Windows based computer experience;
- Preferred: Held A+, Network+, CCENT, CCT R&S, or ACMT Certification within the past 10 years;
- Must have access to a vehicle, have a valid driver’s license, a safe and responsible driving record, and current no-fault auto insurance, at least $100K in bodily collision per person and $25K in property damage liability.
All positions require that the incumbent have no convictions of any crime against a child or other vulnerable person. We conduct periodic criminal background checks as a condition of employment.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this classification. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job. Management has the right to add to, revise, or delete information in this description. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.