1 Full Time Position
Ka Pa‘alana / Admin - Honolulu
Program Manager and CFO
- Provide adequate oversight over accounting records including internal control procedures;
- Monitor program budget, expenditures, and monitoring of expenditure variances in accordance with applicable cost principles and grant requirements;
- Prepare fiscal budget report;
- Accounts Payable: Review vouchers, check process, vendor follow up;
- Accounts Receivable: Timely prepare invoices and request fund transfers;
- Prepare budget related reports: Drawdown, fiscal reporting, dashboard, etc.;
- Prepare budget revisions;
- Work closely with Program Manager and staff regarding monitoring expenditures and budget planning for new projects;
- Reconcile receivable accounts, bank accounts, drawdown and Sage reports, indirect expense disbursement, etc.;
- Supervise and mentor Program Specialist 1.
- 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday or as otherwise determined by the supervisor;
- Position requires regular and predictable attendance;
- Some events on nights or weekends at various times depending on the event.
- Mostly office setting;
- Program sites at either shelter or designated area homeless camps, various event sites, meeting and professional development sites;
- Travel in program and/or personal vehicle to and from program sites;
- Travel to the neighbor islands and the U.S. may be required.
Mental, Physical and Communication Demands
- Consistent adherence to the practice of Partners in Development Foundation’s (PIDF) five core values that are used as a guiding force in the success of all of its programs;
- Must be keenly aware of and attentive to program participants;
- Must analyze and problem solve issues;
- Must be able to prioritize and focus on multiple tasks that require analysis and attention to detail;
- Must possess and exercise strong interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Must be able to cope with stress that may be induced by the situations of our clients.
- Must be able to sit at desk at least 50% of work time;
- Requires lifting and carrying up to 40 pounds on a regular basis;
- Must be able to sit and work on floor; kneel and bend.
- Must exhibit courteous and professional demeanor towards program participants, vendors and partners, staff and administration via verbal, written, physical, and electronic correspondence;
- Requires good oral and written communication skills;
- Must be able to handle and maintain highly confidential information.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
a. Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
b. Experience: Working knowledge of main personal
computer software applications such as Word and
Excel; At least three (3) years accounting
experience, and one (1) year of supervisory
c. Driving: Must have access to a vehicle, have a valid
driver’s license, a safe and responsible driving
record, and current no-fault auto insurance, with
at least $100k in bodily collision per person and
$25k in property damage liability (operating
personal vehicle for work purposes).
d. Education: Knowledge of government
e. Experience: Knowledge and an understanding of
the homeless and at-risk families.
All positions require that the incumbent have no convictions of any crime against a child or other vulnerable person. We conduct periodic criminal background checks as a condition of employment.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this classification. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job. Management has the right to add to, revise, or delete information in this description. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.