Family Education Educator
1 Full Time Position
Nā Pono - O‘ahu
Family Education Services Manager (FESM)
- Provide one-to-one or group tutoring, mentoring and coaching, during school and after school;
- Help students develop study skills and organization techniques to improve their academic performance.
- Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. or as otherwise determined by the Project Director;
- Position requires regular and predictable attendance;
- Some events on evenings or weekends at various times.
Mental, Physical, and Communication Demands
- Consistent adherence to the practice of PIDF’s five core values that are used as a guiding force in the success of all of its programs;
- Be keenly aware of and attentive to program participants;
- Must analyze and problem solve issues;
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize;
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills;
- Must be able to cope with stress that may be induced by the situations of our clients.
- Must participate in strenuous activities which may include loading/unloading of equipments, setting up tents and washing of vans and mats;
- Requires lifting and carrying up to 40 pounds on a regular basis;
- Must be able to sit and work on floor; kneel and bend.
- Must exhibit courteous and professional demeanor towards program participants, staff and administration via verbal, written, physical, and electronic correspondence;
- Requires good oral and written communication skills;
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
- Associate in Education or related field required;
- Bachelor’s in Education or related field preferred;
- Two (2) years of experience in tutoring students required;
- Knowledgeable and possess skills to help students find new ways to look at difficult skills and concepts;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including but not limited to Word, Excel;
- Understanding of the Hawaiian culture and values preferred;
- Must have access to a vehicle; have a valid driver’s license, a safe and responsible driving record, and current no-fault auto insurance, with at least minimum State of Hawai‘i coverage property damage liability.
All positions require that the incumbent have no convictions of any crime against a child or other vulnerable person. We conduct periodic criminal background checks as a condition of employment.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this classification. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job. Management has the right to add to, revise, or delete information in this description. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.