Community Health Care Outreach Specialist
1 Temporary Part Time Position
We Are Oceania - O‘ahu
- Assist consumers in applying for healthcare through HealthCare.gov and KOLEA;Provide counseling to consumers on required documents to apply for HeathCare.gov and KOLEA;
- Assist consumers by explaining the carriers (Qualified Health Providers) and their services;
- Assist consumers with PAP (Premium Assistance Program) enrollment Plan for 2017;
- Work with the consumers to help them through the process of applying for Medicaid in order to have their PAP eligibility determined;
- Assist consumers who are currently enrolled in PAP to apply through HealthCare.gov;
- Provide language access assistance to consumers;
- Attend weekly FFM trainings;
- Fill out daily log activities and submit them on a timely manner;
- Make referrals as needed to other resources.
- Generally Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Hours may vary to meet the needs of the project or as otherwise determined by the supervisor;Position requires regular and predictable attendance;
- Some events on evenings or weekends at various times.
- Office setting; Community setting such as church halls, classrooms, etc.;
- Travel in personal or company vehicle to and from program and meeting sites.
Mental, Physical, and Communication Demands
- Consistent adherence to the practice of PIDF’s five core values that are used as a guiding force in the success of all of its programs;
- Be keenly aware of and attentive to consumers;
- Must analyze and problem solve issues;
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize;
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills;
- Must be able to cope with stress that may be induced by the situations of our consumers;
- Must be culturally sensitive to our consumers.
- Requires lifting and carrying up to 20 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Must exhibit courteous and professional demeanor towards consumers, staff and administration via verbal, written, physical, and electronic correspondence;
- Requires good oral and written communication skills; in English and one or two of the Micronesian languages;
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
- High school diploma and some course work in human services, family resources, social work, or at least one (1) year of related experience required;Must successfully complete FFM required trainings and certification, privacy and HIPAA training and tests within two (2) weeks of hire;
- Must be able to communicate in English and one or two of the Micronesian languages;
- Working knowledge of personal computer software applications such as Word and Excel;
- Must possess knowledge of the Internet and e-mail account management;
- Must have access to a vehicle, have a valid driver’s license, a safe and responsible driving record, and current no-fault auto insurance, at least $100K in bodily collision per person and $25K in property damage liability.
All positions require that the incumbent have no convictions of any crime against a child or other vulnerable person. We conduct periodic criminal background checks as a condition of employment.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this classification. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job. Management has the right to add to, revise, or delete information in this description. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.